Sunday, September 13, 2015

Amazing Morning Bike Ride


Sometimes God shows His amazing handiwork when I least expect it.  I have lived  in the U.P. for over 11 years (not counting my growing up years) where I am surrounded by trees, water and wildlife.  I don’t think I take it for granted….and yet, a summer bike ride caught me off guard.
 
My husband and I love our bike rides for the exercise and for the time we can spend together enjoying the sweetness of every day "marriage moments".  We decided to take a quick spin around our beach/park/marina area.  For those of you unfamiliar with our town, we have the wonderful privilege of living in a community that sits on a bay coming in from Lake Michigan.

 

The sun was shining, the water was sparkling and the breeze was just enough to keep the temperature nearly perfect. When August arrives in this part of the world, we can feel autumn whispering in our ears.  There is a subtle shift; the mornings have a slight chill (with evenings dipping into the 50’s) but the days are warm and comfortable.

We rode our bikes past the boats in the marina, observing a few folks out and about, including two women preparing to do some fishing from their kayaks.  It was a quiet morning but soon the paddle boards and kayaks would be available for rental and the already beautiful harbor would become even more colorful.

And then there is the wildlife.  That same morning Charlie got a call from one of our boys whose home is located on a beachfront lot; a skunk was caught in the trap Charlie had set and it had sprayed the area.  Len headed to work and Charlie went out to his house to deal with the situation.  My husband came back with a definite skunk odor clinging to his clothes.  God surely was creative when He gave skunks such a unique way of protecting themselves!

God’s handiwork is nothing less than amazing and I have been so very blessed to live amidst it all!  In my limited human thinking I can’t imagine how God could possibly top this creative act!  However, the Bible reminds us that one day there will be a brand new earth.  Revelation, chapter 21, describes the glorious plans God has for His children.  If this present earth is so incredible (except for skunks and bats!), I have to wonder…. How could He possibly “do one better”?    

Maybe it’s because God Himself will be dwelling with us (!) and there will be nothing to hold us back from full out joyful living.  No sin…no pain…no crime…no sickness.  Wow!

I love the encouragement in 1 Corinthians 2:9,No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him…”  Psalm 96: 11 says, “Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it.”  God’s creativity is without limits; He has gifted us every day through His creation…..and the living out of the final chapter of His book is still ahead of us!  Hallelujah!

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I loved this Judy. I was right on a bike with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nan! Love getting comments on my blog site. Am hoping for more bike riding days before the bikes get hung up in our garage.

    ReplyDelete